
The Chains
By Andrea Rossitto
Good Friday April 2006
The chains were taken away today.
The curtain was torn in two.
Why would you do this act for me?
Can this deep love truly be?
We mocked, we scorned, we beat you down,
Put on your head a thorny crown.
You knew the price that you must pay
You asked the Father, “Please take it away!”
The pain was great, the agony deep,
The thought of it made you weep.
When you walked this earth you saw the need.
The Father’s Word we did not heed.
The chains were taken away today.
The curtain was torn in two.
The Father’s plan, a great design
Had come to pass, it was finally time.
He wanted to free us from the chains
To take away the suffering and the pains.
The only thing to make it right
Happened on this deep dark night.
You asked again, “Please take this cup.”
But you were willing to follow it up,
With words that showed your will to do
What your Father had said, you would follow through.
We can’t even comprehend,
The depth of grief you did spend.
The chains were taken away today,
The curtain was torn in two.
This did not happen only there,
But in people’s hearts everywhere.
The chains were loosed, scales fell away.
It was a heavenly sent Independence Day.
Today for me, I say afresh and anew
The chains I try to hold belong to you.
You paid the price to take them on.
For me to hold them is all wrong.
Why do I take them back again?
Somehow I think that’s how I’ll win.
But truth be told, I don’t want the chains.
Freedom through Christ still remains.
The chains were taken away today.
The curtain was torn in two.
By Andrea Rossitto
Good Friday April 2006
The chains were taken away today.
The curtain was torn in two.
Why would you do this act for me?
Can this deep love truly be?
We mocked, we scorned, we beat you down,
Put on your head a thorny crown.
You knew the price that you must pay
You asked the Father, “Please take it away!”
The pain was great, the agony deep,
The thought of it made you weep.
When you walked this earth you saw the need.
The Father’s Word we did not heed.
The chains were taken away today.
The curtain was torn in two.
The Father’s plan, a great design
Had come to pass, it was finally time.
He wanted to free us from the chains
To take away the suffering and the pains.
The only thing to make it right
Happened on this deep dark night.
You asked again, “Please take this cup.”
But you were willing to follow it up,
With words that showed your will to do
What your Father had said, you would follow through.
We can’t even comprehend,
The depth of grief you did spend.
The chains were taken away today,
The curtain was torn in two.
This did not happen only there,
But in people’s hearts everywhere.
The chains were loosed, scales fell away.
It was a heavenly sent Independence Day.
Today for me, I say afresh and anew
The chains I try to hold belong to you.
You paid the price to take them on.
For me to hold them is all wrong.
Why do I take them back again?
Somehow I think that’s how I’ll win.
But truth be told, I don’t want the chains.
Freedom through Christ still remains.
The chains were taken away today.
The curtain was torn in two.
No comments:
Post a Comment